Thursday, September 06, 2007

Absence makes the hits go yonder

Hello there patient, or more likely lost, visitors.


In recent events they (the evil They, they know who they are) have cut off my blogger access from work, which means that you will have to get by with only intermittent bursts of my sparkling wit and lightning fast ripostes. You have all been very stoic so far. Hang in there team.

I also went away for the weekend with a group of mates 2 weekends ago - which was great, except that one of the midgets (children) was infected and clearly not sterilised prior to being exposed to normal people. half of us proceeded to come down with a ridiculously offensive bug of the digestive system variety. You know that feeling where you really want to die, having spent your 10th hour in the bathroom? Yeah, that one.


I play basketball. This means that, despite my Herculean frame, every now and then you get hit with the ball on a finger or thumb. (Actually, have no idea what this has to do with having a Herculean frame or not, but I am sticking with it ok?). So I copped one on the thumb 4 weeks ago. Usual story, thumb swells up, bruises all to hell, hurts quite a bit. Normally so it goes for a week or 2.


So 4 weeks later, still hurting, as in I still can't pick stuff up. Not talking World's Strongest Man material, I'm talking a cup full of coffee. Time for an X ray. Yep, its fractured. Now I get to wear one of these delightful apparatus for a few weeks.


Do you have any idea how long it took to get this thrilling story down for you all? I feel like opening WJ's Special School for Typing. Enrol early and often...

9 Comments:

At 12:23 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwww... much sympathy. may the healing power of Futuro Thumb speed your recovery.

Also, serves you right for playing sports.

; P

 
At 1:25 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WTF! That is no excuse to leave us hanging!

You better shape up and blog more!

Or else...

 
At 5:50 pm, Blogger WJ said...

sorry folks, shall blog forthwith.

and in Australia, SB, we say 'playing sport'. You may live in the US but you are still one of us, y'hear...

 
At 3:52 am, Blogger Original Mel said...

Asa girl who once broke three bones in her foot by stubbing her toe really really ridiculously badly, all I can say is:

"Ha ha"

 
At 11:01 am, Blogger Steph said...

You know, Conan, you may just rival me for the best blog post titles. You're very good, you should work in advertising.

Anyhoo,hope your thumb heals. It's no fun having busted body parts and I should know!

 
At 11:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh Dubs, I would probably have known that if I had any interest whatsoever in athletic pursuits...

OMel, I've done that too. I think my poor little pinkie toes don't even have complete bones any more from how many times I've busted them.

 
At 6:43 pm, Blogger WJ said...

omel, I appreciate your sympathy and understanding. I feel all warm and fuzzy, but that may just be the alcohol.

steph, you are only saying that because it is true. It does take rematkable talent to recognise the same, doesn't it...

I have spent most of my life playing sport with the end result that I have broken many body parts. I find that changing sports from time to time is most efficient in maximising the variety of said body parts injured.

 
At 7:06 am, Blogger Thursday's Child said...

Oh dear. The Man has stopped your blogging, hmm? Not good - hope all gets better soon.

 
At 3:09 pm, Blogger Mex said...

i dont see why you cant just use your two index fingers like everyone else?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home