Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Are yer lookin at me, yer numpty?

Hello all.

Am back from my little jaunt to Scotland and Nth England. Had a ball.







Spent a lot of time playing in these things







and a lot of time playing in these things too..



Met up with lots of friends, drank way too much in the way of ale and malt, all in all a good time. Several revelations too. I realised that there is a reason that they drink not very cold, even less fizzy beer over there... it is rarely hot enough to warrant anything else. I quite enjoyed sampling all the local ales, which was complete hypocrisy for all the years of me slagging off warm flat beer to any pasty-skinned British type in hearing...

Another discovery - if you don't think about what is in haggis, it actually tastes quite good, especially after an evening of drinking too many of the aforementioned ales. I tried to tell myself this was culinary bravery and environmentally sound as there was even less waste from livestock, but it is just the tight-arsed Scots not throwing anything away, even when they should. I hang my haggis-eating head in shame.

Went dry-suit diving in Scapa Flow on some WWII wrecks, which sounds terribly cool if I do say so myself, and I just did. It was cool, btw, and way better than those docos on Discovery or the History Channel...

So what has been happening here?

9 Comments:

At 11:09 am, Blogger Mex said...

ha ha youre back! and you met up with my friends too!

so come on... tell me what you really think.

and i totally agree with you about the haggis. the girls and i had some when we were in Edinburgh and them being quite used to that kind of fare by now didnt even bat an eyelid - it was me that did.

wish i had of tried black pud though as my friend at the Cafe keeps eating it on sandwiches and telling me how nice it is... just wish i could agree.

 
At 4:22 pm, Blogger WJ said...

Your friends were fun and it was nice to meet up with some Aussies for an evening of beers.

I tried both haggis and black pudding at the Clachaig Inn in Glencoe (a great pub btw) after a large night, and they both went down a treat...

 
At 5:58 pm, Blogger fingers said...

'...if you don't think about what is in haggis, it actually tastes quite good, especially after an evening of drinking...'

Same goes for Scottish women in my experience...

 
At 6:00 pm, Blogger WJ said...

Actually Scotland had some rather attractive women, but as I explained on W's blog, I was behaving so never had the haggis experience with them.

My karma is a tad fucked up at the moment, methinks...

 
At 8:30 am, Blogger Thursday's Child said...

So long as you pour enough whisky over it, anything is palatable. Even haggis.

 
At 8:53 am, Blogger WJ said...

does it count if you have the whisky the night before, and then just let your digestive system do the pouring?

 
At 10:05 am, Blogger Thursday's Child said...

Of course it counts.

 
At 10:12 am, Blogger WJ said...

In that case I completely agree...

 
At 1:22 pm, Blogger oakleyses said...

true religion outlet, nike air max uk, timberland pas cher, true religion outlet, michael kors, guess pas cher, michael kors, ray ban uk, michael kors outlet online, hollister uk, nike free uk, burberry outlet, michael kors outlet online, kate spade, mulberry uk, coach outlet store online, uggs outlet, nike air max, north face, sac vanessa bruno, new balance, coach outlet, vans pas cher, replica handbags, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet online, nike blazer pas cher, lululemon canada, converse pas cher, oakley pas cher, michael kors outlet, ray ban pas cher, true religion outlet, burberry handbags, sac hermes, hogan outlet, nike roshe run uk, nike air force, north face uk, coach purses, michael kors outlet online, abercrombie and fitch uk, polo lacoste, nike air max uk, true religion jeans, michael kors outlet, uggs outlet, hollister pas cher, ralph lauren uk

 

Post a Comment

<< Home