Thursday, June 14, 2007

Acclimatising


It has been rather tricky getting used to the weather back here. Yes, I was in Scotland and yes it was around the same temperature there as it is here at the moment.

A couple of significant issues have made it a little tougher to settle in back here.


  • we have crap heating in our homes (or at least I do) and most other places too - now those Edinburgh types have the right idea, with more chimney pots than you could poke a camera at;

  • remember, it was summer there and it is winter here, so I shouldn't complain - after all, I went there of my own volition;

  • I may have stopped off in Abu Dhabi and caught up with Georgia for a couple of days on the way back (ok, I did), and it may have been 45 degrees C there (ok, it was)...
I guess another difference is that there is daylight there from about 4.30 until about 10.30 at the moment, which is again a little different to waking up in the dark and getting home in the dark back here.
I am sure it has nothing to do with the fact that I actually have to get up and do work again now, rather than waking up when I feel like it (usually just before they stop serving brekky) and spending the day wandering around places such as the forests in Glencoe...


5 Comments:

At 10:22 am, Blogger fingers said...

Boy you must feel like a jubbo now.
Poor little Georgia all desperate for a serve of the soothing pink stick and you on your best behaviour.
It's too cruel for words...

 
At 12:39 pm, Blogger WJ said...

I refuse to dignify that with a response other than to say that Georgia is lovely and we had a lot of fun in AD that was completely unsullied by the sort of lasciviousness you allude to.

Got to be happy that I managed to use lascivious and allude in the one sentence too...

 
At 12:54 pm, Blogger fingers said...

I'd have been happier if you'd manage to use 'Georgia' and 'I fucked her senseless' in the same sentence, Lothario...

 
At 7:44 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why are you so desperate for someone else to do her, fingies?

Even if Dubs hadn't been behaving, it's not like he would have sent you the video!

Oh hi Dubs... Glad you had a good time. Sorry to hear about the senseless waste of behaving yourself on said holiday too... I bet the lasses would have been dying for your rugged Aussie accent!

; )

 
At 10:48 am, Blogger WJ said...

just for the record fingers, I have never been asked to test a friend's partner's virtue, but I will take the Lothario thing as a compliment, even though it wasn't intended as such.

Hey Belle - not sure whether any of them were dying for my rugged accent or my rugged anything else, really, but I would like to think that there may have been one or 2 opportunities that I passed up in moments of well-meaning stupidity...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home