Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Sometimes, I just don't get it

Hey there folks. Welcome back, please remember to close the tent flap behind you so others can make out the screen.

I won't complain again about how crap it is that my workplace have cut access to both facebook AND blogger. oops. Ok, next time I won't complain - about how much that sucks.

Oookeydoookey. On to other things: sometimes I just don't put 2 and 2 together. And not just when I want 4 of something. Sometimes I just don't figure stuff out.

Case in point. Some of you may have noticed that there was a rather large release in the last couple of weeks - Halo 3. So far, it has sold in excess of $300 MILLION worth of games. For those of you who didn't know, welcome back from your month long ocean cruise to hell, I hope you tanned but didn't burn.

Now I have hidden it well, but I am a bit of a geek deep down, and I have an XBox 360. Yes, it is hooked into my surround sound system and my LCD TV. Yes, it sounds and looks freakin hawt. I also may have pre-ordered Halo 3, and been quite looking forward to its release. I justify this by the fact that it was actually $10 cheaper if you pre-ordered. Yep, that is my excuse and I am sticking to it.

So a few days out, I was getting rather keen. The store were running a midnight launch, however seeing as the launch was on a Tuesday, I am far too old and sensible to go and pick it up at midnight, cos I know full well that had I done that, there would have been no sleep, and then WJ would have been a rather unhappy camper for, oh lets say, about forever.

Finally the big day came, and I went at lunchtime and dutifully picked up my copy. I got home from work, and then went to trivia at the pub, as friends are more important even than Halo (ok, so I had to think long and hard about it - nothing wrong with that, I am human after all. Massively ripped barbarian yes, but also human). I came home from triv, went straight to the tv and loaded it up. turned on the X Box, the surround sound, and the theme music started pumping. Not as much as me though, I was psyched to kick some alien butt.

I picked up the controller. It was at this moment in time I remembered that I have a BUSTED THUMB! For the uninitiated, you use two thumbs on the controller, one to control which way you face and one to control movement (wake up! this is interesting and important!). In other words, you can't play Halo with one thumb. A few words come to mind, most of them involving between 3 and 5 letters (not inclusive), but others such as 'gutted', 'idiot' and 'if I cut it off will it grow back faster than this bone will knit?' also featured.

I still haven't been able to play. Er, much.

Why don't I get it?

8 Comments:

At 11:06 pm, Blogger Steph said...

Haaaaaaaaahahaha!! oh noes!! Wait...it's not funny, you were looking forward... haaaaaaaaahahahah...to playing...hahahahaha.... sorry, poor you......bahahahah!

 
At 8:58 am, Blogger Thursday's Child said...

Would it help if I told you that the man has finished it and thought "It wasn't all that great"?

No? Sorry.

 
At 9:13 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too am the ashamed but gleeful owner of an Xbox 360. What's worse is I have a regular Xbox, a PS2 and PS3. For shame.

PS I am the queen of Pro Evo and no man can flog me on the pitch though many have tried. I have very fine eye hand coordination. It's like hand ballet. I inspire poetry.

 
At 10:29 pm, Blogger WJ said...

Yes steph, and thanks for the moral support. you should try it sometime - you never know, you might like it..

TC, no, that does not help. I would much rather access disappointment and lack of fulfillment on my own, TYVM.

kitty, that is quite hot. shame you live in Melbourne, otherwise I would kick your butt.

Your hand poetry is Dr Seuss to my Coleridge...

 
At 9:31 pm, Blogger Original Mel said...

I really liked Super Mario Kart. Probably the only game which made any sense to me on those things. And even then I got bored after a few laps and had to go outside for some fresh air...

 
At 9:00 am, Blogger Kylie said...

Gaming nerds. So hot right now.

 
At 2:13 pm, Blogger fingers said...

I sprained my wing-wang the day my new 'Blow-Up-Steph Doll' arrived...

 
At 8:23 pm, Blogger WJ said...

omel, that one was pretty fun... as a warm up for some serious arse kicking on something like Halo 3.

And warm air is perfectly accessible without going out into all that glare. The X box pumps out some seriously hot air once that sucker has been running for a while...

kylie, you know it. what between the x boxing, the volvo and my rugged yet oiled physique, I have absolutely no idea why they ain't breaking down the front door. Maybe I should post my address. Otherwise I will have to take down the DJ's style ticketing system I put in.

fingers, welcome back. I could say we missed you, but we have never lied to each other in the past.

what I want to know is why blow the doll up as soon as you got it. seems like a waste of money to me, not to mention it would draw ASIS, ASIO and the SAS like flies to a turd...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home