Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Beam me up, Scottie

Hey all.

Not getting the chance to blog so much lately, what with the internerd nasties at work making life difficult and all that. I mean, are they trying to tell me that my productivity would be better without the sanity saving occasional opportunity to catch up with my dear internet friends.

And very rarely, with you lot.

[I know, quite a lot of work to get to such a lame gag, but you didn't pay any money for this show, think of it as open mike at your local and give me some sympathy claps. Ok, you guys suck...]

So what has been ahppening? Let me think, among other things, in the last few weeks I have:

  1. been abused by an ex at a professional function, where she cleverly decided to have our 'discussion' outside, on the far side of the glass walls of the bar the do was on at. Way to go with the subtlety, makes me look like Smoothy McSubtle;
  2. met a truly stunning, funny, clever, nice IRISH girl with fantastic taste in music (ie she has heard of some of the crap I love, even likes it) who sincerely wants to be my friend. Yay, I have all manner of friends just now, not so much with the stunning, funny, clever, nice IRISH girls I think are the hottest thing since Ug fell into the fire wearing his best Sabre Tooth Tiger pelt;
  3. met with my architect several times, where I think the point is to come up with some great design ideas while seeing how many multiples of my budget we can hit; oh and
  4. today I scored a gig for 'work' at Derby Day this weekend, where apparently I get my flights, accomm, meals and our marquee in the birdcage sorted for me.

Life aint so bad folks. What is news. And no, I don't ask that cos I can't be arsed to read your blogs, indeed some of you have even locked me out of your blogs, but I just need to invite some comment here. Lordy knows we needs the traffic. I gotta put kibbles in the doggies bowls. Ha mercy, gimme some traffic, just some spare traffic..

Ok, stopping that now. Sorry.

10 Comments:

At 10:54 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The real question is, does Oirish Stunna want to be *just friends* or *friends who might possibly get nude in the near future*.

Ooh nasty ex. What did you do?

I had an ex that took me to the beach to break up because (and he told me this to my face on the day) he knew I wouldn't make as much of a scene in public.

But I can't feel sorry for you with the architect, because you apparently can afford some kind of budget.

 
At 4:56 pm, Blogger WJ said...

Sadly I am pretty sure she falls into the former category.

As for the ex, just let her rant and then went back in and had another wine. What can you do? (other than thank some omnipotent entity for a lucky escape...)

 
At 10:23 pm, Blogger Original Mel said...

Oh, I met a boy who just wants to be friends. Stupid, stupid boy. They are all dumb.

I've got enough bloody friends. I'm not accepting any more applications, unless it's for the position of boyfriend. Now rack off.

 
At 7:58 am, Blogger WJ said...

I'm feelin your pain OMel.

Problem is, some of the applicants for the position of friend are overqualified. Qualifications along the lines of being hot, or having an Irish accent, are appropriate to the highly sought-after position of gf/lover.

THat is like someone who has several degrees, or even a law degree, going to become a tour guide....

Oh. ;)

 
At 1:15 am, Blogger Steph said...

You don't know that she just wants to be friends! And anyway, that's a great basis to start from. You say she's hot so you obviously have some chemistry going on right?

Give it some time, turn on the charm and give us all the gory details later :P

 
At 11:31 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's true, starting off as friends can make great lovairs... or just open doors to all their available hot friends.

; )

 
At 10:04 pm, Blogger Original Mel said...

No - have you learned nothing from my car crash of a life?? Keep away from the friends! Dating / shagging a friend leads to badness and wrongness and you can never, ever get back that initial sparky friendship you had before you decided to become "something more". And that leads to tears and regret.

 
At 12:44 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In Belle News, we have just got new tenants in the other side of our duplex.

They are students at the private art college in town and they're lovely, but also clearly spoiled rich kids (they don't have real jobs, their parents give them enough of an allowance to pay rent, etc...)

Wish I had rich, generous parents...

; )

 
At 3:02 pm, Blogger Lad Litter said...

"I like you as a friend." Isn't that just the fucking pits? What I said: "Great. Friends it is." What I thought: "I've GOT friends. Fuck. Dumped again." Find out if Irish girl is for or against the 1921 Treaty with Britain before going ahead with relationship.

 
At 7:54 am, Blogger WJ said...

Omel, what you are missing here is:

1. yes, I like Irish chick - she is hot

2. It isn't like we have been friends for ages, I suddenly walked into a pole hitting my head and now I am in love with her - I just met her (ie hotness happened at the same time as sparkiness - sounds like I work in a foundry)

3. If she turns out to only want to be friends, fine (no, FINE)

4. If I can somehow become that person Steph is referring to (I know, unlikely) then I may bring 'er round. You know, like turning a bulk carrier.

Hmmm, bad analogy...

Steph, thanks for you vote of support. I thought there was some chemistry, then again I was always into the humanities at school (oh the humanity) so I wouldn't know chemistry if I drank it.

LL, she is a Dublin lass, so I am sure she will take that well. Then again, maybe I could borrow someone's BB gun and shoot my left foot now and save the trouble..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home