Monday, June 26, 2006

Adam Sandler - Let this be a warning

Yesterday I went to the movies with a friend. I had nothing to do and decided against another afternoon saving the Earth via my DEDTS - Discrete Earth Defence Training System (known by some as an X Box, OK). I didn't mind what we saw, and there wasn't a great deal to choose from. She suggested Click, the new Adam Sandler movie.

Now don't get me wrong, I like Happy Gilmour - some of it is funny. Putting that aside, however, I am on Struggle Street when it comes to Mr Sandler's back catalogue, and his front and middle catalogues for that matter. The Waterboy - never saw it. Mr Deeds could be a movie about his time working at the Land Titles Office (a little lawyer humour there for the stalwarts). I avoided Anger Management as a an exercise in... yep. And The Longest Yard would no doubt have been better as a story about competitive garden renovation.

Clearly my trip to watch the Swans lose to the Pies the night before, along with several nights on the World Cup bandwagon (not an easy feat - it is a rather full bus that one, and if you get up to go to the gents, you lose your seat) had affected my judgement. I had a niggling bad feeling about the movie - still, I hadn't heard much about it, and I certainly didn't feel like being challenged by the afternoon's entertainment. So, I said yes.

Now I don't intend to steal Mountjoy's thunder and review the movie. But there is a moral to this story folks. When your inner voice tells you something, and that something involves paying hard earned to go and see Adam Sandler in a movie, LISTEN TO IT. I promised I wouldn't review the movie, so I won't give it a number of pans, as is Donnie's want. But I will borrow some of the contents of his pans, because that best describes the experience. Mr Sandler, I would like that 100 minutes of my life back please.

Am I alone here in my lack of love for Mr Sandler?

9 Comments:

At 10:48 am, Blogger Mex said...

i think he's a tool. but then again i hate Eddie Murphy and apparently thats a crime against humanity to some.

 
At 10:51 am, Blogger WJ said...

Eddie Murphy was briefly funny about 20 years ago. Since then, he has been REALLY bad. Dr Doolittle? What was that about? I smell stink just thinking about it..

 
At 11:11 am, Blogger actonb said...

Have not seen one Adam Sandler movie. Ever.
I consider myself to be blessed.

 
At 11:38 am, Blogger fingers said...

Adam Sandler is an excruciatingly bad joke.
He's a modern day Jerry Lewis; makes my sking crawl watching his crappy sight gags and listening to his six-year-old's man-voice...

 
At 6:58 pm, Blogger Thursday's Child said...

Oh no, you are not alone.

My last-ex-in-Canada (LeiC) thought the sun rose and set on Mr. Sandler and forced me to watch all of his movies over several weekends. Why I did not dump his ass after the first 2 hours is a mystery to me.

Just say no to Mr. Sandler.

 
At 2:04 pm, Blogger WJ said...

fair call Georgia, I actually didn't mind the Wedding Singer either, but I am sure it was because of the music and costumes, which hit the nail on the head about all that was bad in the 80's. Adam was still crap...

 
At 1:46 pm, Blogger mushroom said...

i'm sure they'll all end up in twat heaven with rove and eddie maquire and the copperart dude

 
At 7:08 pm, Blogger killerrabbit said...

Death to the unfunny man boy that is Adam Sandler.

And what exactly is wrong with his vocal chords? How can any human being be soooo whiny!

 
At 4:09 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home